19 December 2005

Salon.com Books | Top 10 books of the year

Salon.com Books | Top 10 books of the year

It's that time of year -- the time when anyone who talks about books in the media does a top X books of the year. Here's Salon's list. I haven't read many of their suggestions, although a few of them are in the "to be read" pile next to my bed (the pile that not only took over the nightstand, but actually engulfed an entire small bookshelf!).

I've often thought of doing this kind of list -- I certainly read enough books this year -- but... it's more likely for me to make a "best books I read in 2005" list than a "best books published in 2005" list -- I don't always read what's new when it's new... And my list would have to encompass some off-center books -- I thought, for example, that Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman, was one of the top novels published (and read!) in 2005, either in print or in audio format. But it doesn't fit neatly into most people's categories, does it?

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

Anansi Boys. I preferred the Cliff Notes version.